Saturday, September 20, 2014
Saturday, March 22, 2014
As it is popularly said: "the eyes that will become acquinted will first go through hell.
For the sake of most of us who are striving to reach our height,the first and most important thing is to have GOD's favour.
Many people are aethists and they may not know the damage it has. The fact that you are rich is no proof of your favour from life.Rather it may be that you are running on a thick lather and heading for a banana peel.
Continued in the next issue
Sunday, March 16, 2014
Saturday, January 18, 2014
It took me quite a long time to stomach the appauling view i saw via the internet late last year. The view was so gory that I couldn't even write after my last blog on
28th of December. What makes it worse is that it was a clip of a ghastly event that happened right in L.C.D.A where i currently reside,Ejigbo,Lagos state. At the mention of that name,Ejigbo,at least someone's facial or oral expression will show disgust based on most of the series of news reports that the world gets about it and if you are out for a positive report,I am sorry that you are aboard the wrong ferry.
Two ladies were insanely tortured by a group of people who are rumoured probably as of a local branch of the south-western nigerian vigilante group called the Oodua People's Conference(OPC) after they were allegedly accused of stealing pepper from the Iyana-Ejigbo market along the mushin-ikotun expressway.
This incident was said also to have happened around february 2013 which makes the incident probably about less than a month away from being a year old.
It is however a shame that a community with supposed-intellects at the fore-front of its leadership will still have such bizzare dark-aged deed unattended to till the time activists came on air.
According to research,hundreds of the community members spoken to boldly claimed that they got no news of such an activity until it was aired on news networks.
I believe you'll agree with me when I say that the perpetrators of the eventually fatal mugging are long gone or under some sort of protection that will make them quite an eel... Yes,the victims are dead!
The community was not notified and even the chairman is yet to enforce any follow-up plan by the police/investigators rather he is sending festive sms for a yelutide that went sour
These women were harassed,assaulted and defiled with all sorts of objects like bottles,sticks and pepper(red-hot). Even if they had survived,their eyes,genitals and organs would have functioned far below good...
Their groans and blood rests on this land am sure;so will the misery of their families esp. orphaned children
Friday, December 27, 2013
Deck the halls with booze and hotties... %Fa la la la la..la la..la la.........%.....
This was the theme song that an "omo aje butter" turned "igboro" was singing along my street hours after probably attending one of the numerous all-night street jams that was scattered my neighbourhood here in Ejigbo,Isolo,Lagos state.
As the number one "dry guy" in this part of Nigeria, I was thrilled with the hope that my loneliness will soon end and there may be more of my kind around my hood. That was until he started speaking incoherently and then plunged face first into a gully filled with a smelly and disgusting mixture of only God-knows-what close to the best october next house. Then it dawned on me.....that is one "chemically unbalanced" fella with almost all his life lying ahead of him lying there in a pool of sludge. Assuming my phone had enough power i would have caught him camera and mailed it to Ashton Kutcher(the "punked" guy on mtv) or akpors okporocha a.k.a m.c basket mouth; you know?!the comedian/big friday show anchor on mtv africa..(forgive me basket mouth before you finish my unborne career on satellite transmission)..
Now back to the issue at hand....
I could never wish for such a friend in my still-amendable life.
He had a swell christmas as I did too in my way.
I bought fuel,played games(from mobile to video),bought more fuel then slept.
Whilst asleep I set sail to my lager-than-life perfect world with me as emperor and everyone who thinks am a looser in real life grovelling at my feet until i got jumped by my son and his friends...(they seem to herd-by every now and then).
Then the real fun begins... First they make me organise a fashion contest with the dusty road as the runway with the champ's picture available.. The sequel to this event comes up later..
Saturday, December 7, 2013
- NAME: Nelson Mandela
- OCCUPATION: Civil Rights Activist, World Leader, Writer
- BIRTH DATE: July 18, 1918
- DEATH DATE: December 05, 2013
- EDUCATION: Clarkebury Boarding Institute, Wesleyan College, University College of Fort Hare, University of London, University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Mveso, Transkei, South Africa
- PLACE OF DEATH: Johannesburg, South Africa
- FULL NAME: Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela
- AKA: Nelson Mandela
- AKA: Rolihlahla
- NICKNAME: Madiba
- ORIGINALLY: Rolihlahla Mandela
- NICKNAME: Black Pimpernel
- Nelson Mandela was born Rolihlahla Mandela on July 18, 1918, in the tiny village of Mvezo, on the banks of the Mbashe River in Transkei, South Africa. "Rolihlahla" in the Xhosa language literally means "pulling the branch of a tree," but more commonly translates as "troublemaker."Nelson Mandela's father, who was destined to be a chief, served as a counselor to tribal chiefs for several years, but lost both his title and fortune over a dispute with the local colonial magistrate. Mandela was only an infant at the time, and his father's loss of status forced his mother to move the family to Qunu, an even smaller village north of Mvezo. The village was nestled in a narrow grassy valley; there were no roads, only foot paths that linked the pastures where livestock grazed. The family lived in huts and ate a local harvest of maize, sorghum, pumpkin and beans, which was all they could afford. Water came from springs and streams and cooking was done outdoors. Mandela played the games of young boys, acting out male rights-of-passage scenarios with toys he made from the natural materials available, including tree branches and clay.At the suggestion of one of his father's friends, Mandela was baptized in the Methodist Church. He went on to become the first in his family to attend school. As was custom at the time, and probably due to the bias of the British educational system in South Africa, Mandela's teacher told him that his new first name would be Nelson.When Mandela was 9 years old, his father died of lung disease, causing his life to change dramatically. He was adopted by Chief Jongintaba Dalindyebo, the acting regent of the Thembu people—a gesture done as a favor to Mandela's father, who, years earlier, had recommended Jongintaba be made chief. Mandela subsequently left the carefree life he knew in Qunu, fearing that he would never see his village again. He traveled by motorcar to Mqhekezweni, the provincial capital of Thembuland, to the chief's royal residence. Though he had not forgotten his beloved village of Qunu, he quickly adapted to the new, more sophisticated surroundings of Mqhekezweni.....That is just a fraction of what Nelson Mandela passed through as a child. You could say that He(Nelson) had what most christians call a Jabeez' story.. From that community, He gently rose,not with the intent, to become colossal .i.e a household name which will never be erased of the world's history.His major achievement was his invaluable leadership in the fight against apartheid in his home country Southafrica which later on saw him made President of that inter-racial great nation (a seat well earned you would agree).If I could cast my bets on what the scene in Heaven would be like for this great man, I would bet on that He had quiet a grande welcome into those goledn gates up above..Nelson Mandela... a true challenge to our lives on earth.facts c/o www.biography .com